Friday, March 25, 2011

I Have Put Up Enough Poems

I need to find some other people to put up on this website.  I might as well put up another poem here.  I don't feel like putting up any of my opinions on this, especially about my sound poetry class or my professor, or the people that have infested my classes in every college I've been to.  Yikes.


B_OG
by Matt Catania


What is the Rationale of Verse now?

I have the world at the tips of my fingers
I own the world but the best of it lingers

It dances with Death on the edge of coincidence
Where fate dare not bear the thought of incidence

The Song (Link)
We crank the handle on the phonograph
We tap the lyrics on the telegraph

Pray to God for daddy’s sins upon
your flesh, the ones you brought this on
yourself!

Awake into a dream
where all around you seem
oh so very real
a real you cannot feel
A freedom you cannot touch
Life as such
inside a cloud
Safety so well endowed
What if it all fell down?
Burned to the ground…

What is the Rationale of Verse Abuse?
All of our poems became excessive use
of lackluster ill-gotten effortless dialogue!
No verses, no meters …

Story has to be short.
Longer than a page
Reading becomes a burden –
Make the poem short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment