Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Intentions Have Been Impure

I realize now that I wanted to be a writer for the wrong reasons.  I wanted to be recognized as something I always thought I was.  I wanted to see my writing published, and acclaimed.  I feel like more recently I haven't been doing it to prove anything to myself, or for the sake of the art of writing itself.  For that I want to apologize to myself, and anyone who may come across this.  The real reason, I believe, that I started this blog, was to share my writing freely, and to remove it from under my shell.  If anyone gets anything from it, then it has served its purpose.


Some Fame Someday
by Matt Catania


When I see a pretty girl
I want her to know I’m in a band
a band she knows the name of
We can go talk about who I am
how great I am
and how when we were in high school
I wasn’t as great as I am now.

I haven’t changed
You haven’t changed
You don’t know that
It’s a shame

I want to see a pretty girl
and impress her with what I do.
I want her to get hot for me
because a million other people
know my name too.
If she’s real cute
I’ll even give her a smile
and make her sweat like I couldn’t do
when no one away from home knew
who I am.

I am the man
thick with fame
who knew everyone with
my name on their brain
gave me game?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment