Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh, Cadence Delicate...

I have full faith that one day Cadence will be on tour and doing well...until then, we have had one show that I will regard as our best show so far...the one we were lucky enough to have at the Kent Stage.



Jan. 15th, 2010: Cadence Delicate Headlines the Kent Stage 
by Matt Catania 

I’m not nervous anymore.
I can’t find any sweat.
I used to sweat before I did this.
My heart used to pound out of control -
the first time we played:
I had to sit down
before I passed out.
The first time:
we played
too
fast -
I can’t remember the order we played
our songs.
Everything moved
too
fast -
This time…
I am calm.
We’re on the stage -
the same stage
Black Flag once played on:
I can’t breathe hard
or sweat if I tried.
My heart is steady:
I am calm.
We’ve practiced so many times…
so
many times…
the songs, the notes
are the skin on my fingers.
It doesn’t matter
how full
the theater is
for this show:

I am calm.
I’m ready to go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment