Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another Poem


No new great insight right now, just another poem I wrote.


Converser
by Matt Catania

  
“I try hard not to try”
said the future to the past;
“I am alone”
said grass to grass to grass.

“I will die” said Time
to the End of Time –
“I’m dying inside” said the End
of Time to Time.

“I have a great mind”
said the beauty to the eye of the beholder;
“Remember my name”
said the tomb to the unknown soldier.

“I can see my own blood”
said the fearful to the bolder –
“It was never yours”
said the heartless to the colder.

“I don’t know where to end”
said the sunrise to stars unset –
“I don’t know where to start”
said the sunset to regret.

“I don’t care what you say”
said the thunder to the quake:
“You never should have anyway”
said the sojourner to the lake.

“I have blood on my hands”
said the heart.
“I have tears in my eyes”
said the memories to the worlds apart.

“Never give up hope”
said fear to fear itself –
“I ran out of time”
said patience to wealth.

“Where do we go from here”
said what’s left of me…
“I don’t know but it isn’t near”
said nothing in life is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment