Friday, February 4, 2011

Poem for the dying amusement park

A couple years ago, I broke into the shut down amusement park near my home with my friend.  I went to the top of the biggest hill of the old roller coaster that was still left standing.  It was nighttime; this is the poem that came to my mind.  The poem came from the romantic feeling I was inspired by by looking into the night from the top of this roller coaster, quiet and alone.


Tonight We
by Matt Catania


Full moon bright
starry sky
love is night
we live, we die

the greatest view
is laid above
midnight blue
night is love

you and I
a touch of cool
midnight sky
an airy pool

stars are bright
moon is high
love is night
touch the sky

behold above
or let it pass by
tonight we love
tomorrow we die 

No comments:

Post a Comment