Friday, February 4, 2011

A Poem After Drinking

I wrote this poem after a night of drinking.  I would like to read other people's poems after they have been drinking.  Hopefully good poems after drinking...


A Hard Drink Night
by Matt Catania


I’m slapdash piss drunk
with sweat I don’t intend to make
I’m making a lot of noise
I don’t intend to make
I feel a cold sweat pore on the small
of my neck
as it drips form on my head
forehead…
sweatin’ whatever I didn’t intend to drink.
A Christmas CD is playing
in my CD player
on the first warm day of the year.
I don’t intend to make
a scene
but I play it out
like any fool who shouldn’t
I’m louder than quiet
I’m dumbly profound
or the other way ‘round.
Nah, I’m smart.
Eyes on me – normally
It’s scary – but see
how
it’s okay
now,
‘cuz
I don’t care.  No pig
drenched in shit and mud
is as crude as I –
but shit, it me, don’t
deal go.
I don’t intend to make
a friend tonight
I’m just gonna wear
my stool at the bar.
Sure I seem sad –
come talk to me!
Please: I want you
not to.
Just do.
Become sex
I don’t intend to make
tomorrow come.
Where did the time go?
It’s now,
now now
now now,
then then
was just a dream
(it did seem).
I don’t intend to make
Tomorrow.
I’m tired.
I’m home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment